NIKON PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
Your Nikon equipment has been manufactured to meet the highest quality standards by Nikon Corporation. We urge you to take good care of your equipment and always follow the usage and maintenance instructions in the user’s manual carefully. If you do, the equipment will serve you long and well. During the warranty period, repairs or adjustments will be made free of charge only upon presentation of the Nikon Warranty Card together with the sales receipt or other evidence of purchase to a Nikon service facility. If the documents cannot be presented or if the information contained in it is incomplete or illegible, Nikon reserves the right to refuse free-of-charge warranty service.
Extended 'Guarantees' (Legal or Dealer Guarantees)
Some Nikon retailers may provide extended legal or commercial guarantees which exceed the Nikon Warranty. Any claims for warranty service under this kind of extended guarantee must be handled between the CONSUMER and the RETAILER. In this case please contact your local retailer. Nikon service facility may not be able to support this kind of commercial agreement made between the RETAILER and CONSUMER. This is especially the case when a retailer purchases a Nikon product through an unofficial distribution channel, it is then considered to be a Grey Market product. If the product is deemed to be a Grey Market product, Nikon reserves the right to refuse the service or repairs.
International warranties for NIKKOR interchangeable lenses and accessories
From January 2021, Nikon will begin the gradual transition of products with international warranty to local warranty that is specific to the country of sale. For more information [Click here].
Warranties for binoculars, fieldscopes and laser rangefinders
Please refer to the “How to use your Nikon Service Warranty Card” leaflet which comes together with the product for service instructions.
Nikon Service Warranty Terms
Your Nikon equipment is guaranteed against any manufacturing defects for one full year from the date of original purchase. If during this period of guarantee the product proves defective due to improper material or workmanship, our authorised service network within the sales territory will, without charge for labour and parts, repair the product in the terms and conditions set as below. Nikon reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to replace or repair the product.
1. This warranty is only provided upon presentation of the completed warranty card and original invoice or purchase receipt indicating the date of purchase, product type and dealer’s name, together with the product. Nikon reserves the right to refuse free-of-charge warranty service if the above documents cannot be presented or if the information contained in it is incomplete or illegible.
2. This warranty will not cover:
- necessary maintenance and repair or replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear.
- modifications to upgrade the product from its normal purpose as described in user manuals, without the prior written consent of Nikon.
- transport costs and all risks of transport relating directly or indirectly to the warranty of the products.
- any damage resulting from modifications or adjustments which may be made to the product, without the prior written consent of Nikon, in order to comply with local or national technical standards in force in any other country than the ones for which the product was originally designed and/or manufactured.
3. The warranty will not be applicable in the case of:
- damage caused by misuse including but not limited to failure to use the product for its normal purpose or according to the user instructions on the proper use and maintenance, and to installation or use of the product inconsistent with the safety standards in force in the country where it is used.
- damage caused by accidents including but not limited to lightning, water, fire, misuse or neglect.
- defacing, illegibility or removal of the model or serial number on the product.
- damage resulting from repairs or adjustments which have been conducted by unauthorised service organisations or persons.
- defects in any system into which the product is incorporated or with which it is used.
4. This service warranty does not affect the consumer’s statutory rights under applicable national laws in force, nor the consumer’s right against the dealer arising from their sales/purchase contract.